top of page

MUSEUMS

Historic Cottage
Historic Cottage
Perkasie Park Museum

In 2018, the Foundation purchased Cottage #33. The cottage was in need of extensive repairs and restoration work including installation of a new roof, reworked plumbing, floor leveling, fresh paint (inside and out), replacement of missing windows, and electrical service. A first floor powder room was also added. The restored cottage was unveiled in 2021. Work continues on cottage kitchen and second story. 

 

The Park's collection of historical documents, photos and artifacts are displayed in the museum, which is managed by volunteers and open as scheduled or by appointment. All contributions of historical Perkasie Park memorabilia are gratefully accepted. 

Cottage 2.jpg
Restoring historic cottage
Cottage roof repair
Living History Museum

In May 2023, the Foundation purchased Cottage #50, one of the only cottages in the Park that had never been raised to two stories. The Foundation plans to use the cottage as a living history museum, showing what Perkasie Park cottage life was like in the 1890s. 

A 1944 addition has been removed from the back of the cottage, returning it to its original "company cottage" footprint from 1890. The museum will be mostly true to its original form, with no kitchen, bathroom or running water. 

More than six layers of accumulated roofing materials were removed and the roof was replaced. The foundation piers the cottage sits on were stabilized, correcting - as much as possible - decades of damage and restoring structural integrity.

 

A historically appropriate small back porch was added and the back door was replaced in its original position. To preserve the Folk Victorian architectural details, rotten and damaged wood was replaced and repaired and the cottage was repainted. 

Extensive indoor restoration work remains, with a goal of opening the museum to the public on Founders' Day in June 2027.

© 2022 by Perkasie Park Historical Foundation. Created with Wix.com

bottom of page